Baking Kate: Oreo Fudge Brownies

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Isn't it always the same? We get invited to a birthday party, to a dinner party, to a movie night with friends, and you tell them you would bring something for dessert. Something it is then. Just what exactly is 'something' going to be? 'Something' has to please everyone, but most importantly the host. 'Something' has to be easy to eat, at least for me. For example, a dessert in a jar, or on a scewer, or cut into small bites. For the past three years or so, my 'something' has been Oreo Fudge Brownies.
I first saw Lorraine Pascale make these delicious chocolate-y goodies on BBC a few years back and I immediately knew that this dessert was right up my street. Because:

Brownies + Oreo cookies + fudge consistency = my definition of dessert heaven. 


So ever since I started mentioning baking those brownies, my friends would ask me to bring them a piece or two or three... Meanwhile, it's become sort of a tradition to bring Oreo Fudge Brownies wherever I'm invited to. And as long as people won't stop asking for them, I won't stop making them. And even if, I would continue baking them just for myself because they're dangerously addicting ;-)

➸ Make sure to check out the original recipe here and watch Lorraine's baking tutorial here, but for you, I will also be posting the recipe down below.

Have fun baking! I would love to see your results so don't forget to share a picture with me on instagram or Twitter.

So long,
- Kathrin. 

---------------------------
Oreo Fudge Brownies
Ingredients
- 165g (unsalted) butter, melted
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod (or alternatively 2tsp vanilla extract)
- 165g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into bits

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm square baking tin (or a round baking tin of 20cm in diameter) with parchment paper.
2. Add the chopped chocolate to the melted butter and leave to stand for a moment. Once the chocolate is melted, stir together. 
3. Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla together until the mixture turns lighter and fluffier.
4. Pour the sugar around the sides so the whisked in air does not get knocked out. Whisk again until the mixture turns stiffer.
5. Pour the chocolate-butter-mix around the sides of the sugar-egg-mixture.
6. Sift in the flour, salt, cocoa powder and half of the crushed Oreo cookies. Blend carefully.
7. Pour mixture into prepared baking tin. Spread the remaining Oreo cookies over the top and slightly press them in.
8. Bake on the middle shelf for about 30 minutes or until the top is a little bit cracked.
9. Set the brownies aside to cool in the baking tin. Once cooled, cut them into bites and enjoy!

Details
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Yields: 16 brownie bites

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

Instagram Feed