Baking Kate: Harry Potter Sugar Cookies (Collab)

Sunday, September 20, 2015

I would say it's pretty obvious that I love baking. But you know what's even better? Baking with friends. Before I left for my study abroad adventure in England (I arrived safe and sound, thank you!), Bettina from Betty The Baking Princess and I finally got around to bake something together. I don't know how long we occupied her kitchen for, but the result of our baking afternoon was absolutely magical.

We decided to make sugar cookies with an orange flavour (perfect for autumn and winter) and decorate them with royal icing. It was my first time working with royal icing and let me just say, it was even kind of relaxing! As Bettina and I are both fans of the Harry Potter-series we decided to stick to the theme and cut the dough into owls, sorting hats, broomsticks, ties and many more shapes as you can tell from the photos. As we didn't have cookie cutters in the shape of a sorting hat or an owl for example, we mostly drew the shapes ourselves. I mean, how cute do those owls look? 

➼ You can find a printable of our hand-drawn cookie shapes as well as the recipe to the cookies and the royal icing over on Bettina's baking blog.





Beside baking these wondrous cookies, we also whipped up some orange macarons filled with chocolate ganache, one of my favourite flavour combinations. So stay tuned for that recipe, it will be up on this blog soon!


We hope you have as much fun making these cookies as we did!
So long,
— Kathrin & Bettina.

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

Instagram Feed