Melon Berry Bomb Smoothie for Two

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Long time, no blog! After a long holiday in beautiful Corsica I'm back at it, though. With a smoothie. Is there any better way to start off a week with a smoothie containing freshly-picked berries? I don't think so, right? So last night, my mum and I spontaneously decided to whip up a melon berry smoothie. I don't often see Galia melon as a smoothie ingredient which is a bit of a shame because they're so flavourful and full of water. It may sound like a strange combination with the berries but it was really refreshing with the perfect amount of sweetness.

Galia melons are water-rich so I'd recommend not using any water at all but if you like your smoothies a bit more liquid-y, feel free to add a bit of water but no more than 50ml.

Yield: 2 cups

Ingredients:
1 ripe Galia melon
a handful of raspberries
a handful of blueberries (around 100g)

Method:
Scoop out the seeds from the melon using a spoon.
Remove the rind and cut the melon into pieces.
Put the melon and berries into a blender and blend blend blend!
Put some berries on top of your smoothie and enjoy the deliciousness that is not only the taste of the smoothie but also the colour!

Happy blending! Let me know what your favourite smoothie contains, I'd love to see new combinations. 

So long and until next time, where I'll share a bit of my Corsica travels with you!
— Kathrin.


0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

Instagram Feed